|Smart Hockey Stick Handling Training Balls||
Lowest Price Guarantee
Special Bulk Price: Buy 5 or more Smart Balls and the price drops to $9.00 each!
For years European and Soviet players have used wooden stickhandling balls before games and for off-ice skills training to develop lightening quick, soft hands. With advances in space age materials smart|hockey patented a stickhandling and shooting ball which even more closely replicates an ice hockey puck’s weight, bounce co-efficient, slide co-efficient and height at which the puck contacts the stick. The patented, two-piece dynamic core technology feels so much like an ice hockey puck that pro, collegiate and high school players across North America are using the ball as an essential part of their off-ice skills development.
- Dynamic core
- Patented two-piece ball technology combines surlyn® shell with high density low rebound space-age thermoplastic core giving the training ball the exact feel of an ice hockey puck. The solid core covered by the surlyn shell eliminates any pliancy or "smushing" of the ball between the stick and the skating surface whether you’re training on a tennis court, basketball court, paved street, driveway or down in your basement
- The ball is just slightly lighter than an ice hockey puck to compensate for the extra friction of off-ice surfaces. The difference in weight makes the ball "feel" like a puck, which makes it perfect for developing lightening quick hands for puck control, shooting and passing.
- The diameter of the ball is 2.1875" making the height at which it contacts the stick 1.09" which is less than one tenth of an inch higher than an ice hockey puck. The tangent point combined with the weight of the ball tricks the player’s muscle memory into thinking they are working with an ice hockey puck.
- The high density low rebound core has approximately the same bounce coefficient as a frozen ice hockey puck. Dropped from a vertical distance of three feet a frozen ice hockey puck and the smart|hockey stickhandling and shooting ball only bounce 11". This gives the ball the same "dead" feeling of an ice hockey puck against your stick.
- The surlyn® shell rolls or slides over any surface at any temperature at the same rate that a puck slides on fresh ice without becoming pliant or "smushy" making it perfect to develop quick, soft hands necessary to become a good stick handler.
Comments: Good product. Great for stick handling around the house. Helps with developing fast hands and muscle memory. I like the weight and that it does not bounce around. It does not have the same feel or behavior of a puckÉItÕs a ball. I use this in conjunction with other products to work on stick handling.
Comments: This ball is great for practicing stick-handling in an apartment or in a garage. I like to just go back and forth with it and my stick while watching TV. Would highly recommend this to anyone looking for something to practice with.
From: William FL
Comments: I like the weight combined with the ease of use that comes with it being a ball.
From: Ryan, NC
Comments: This training device would be last on my list, With the wooden ball in first and green biscuit in second. I do have all three, this one wasnt my favorite. I dont know why, maybe i like the stickhandling balls to be lighter and pucks heavier. Not sure, its all preference, still a good aid though.
Comments: I got this ball for stick handling practice in close quarters (my garage), & it works perfectly for that purpose. The added weight makes it more realistic, or puck-like. Great value, second only to the Green Biscuit
Smart Hockey Training Balls
The core, weight, height, bounce and slide of the Smart Hockey ball are precisely matched to mimic the feel of an ice puck while playing on any off-ice surface. Allows you to practice your stick handling skills anywhere and anytime. No more excuses.
Special Bulk Price: Buy 5 or more Smart Balls and the price drops to $9.00 each!Colors: 4