Lowest Price Guarantee
The Warrior Covert DT1 hockey stick is the premier hockey stick in the Covert line. The Covert DT1 hockey stick is a True 1-piece stick that features Warriors Dagger Taper® Technology for an extremely low-kick point. Several advanced materials were used in the blade to make them more durable and have longer "pop" life.
The Covert DT1 ia a True1 piece stick and is wrapped with the highest grade carbon fibers, making the Covert DT1 unbelievably balanced and lightweight. Warrior wrapped the carbon fibers in a tight X stitch weave making this stick very durable. Warriors Dagger Taper® Technology is featured on the Covert DT1 providing an extremely low-kickpoint for an amazingly quick release. The taper is thinner at the top to provide maximum loading while the bottom of the taper is wider to provide less torque for a more accurate and powerful shot.
The Covert DT1 hockey stick has a blade that is constructed out of several advanced materials allowing it to perform at the highest levels. The Hardcore X foam blade core is the lightest blade core Warrior has used and it has 60% higher compression resistance while being 40% stronger than any core used before. Two carbon fiber Twinspar stringers run the length of the blade providing reinforcement to the core and increase the bend strength by 40%. The Aramid Sole design utilizes super tough fibers used in bullet proof vests to increase impact toughness on the bottom of the blade. A carbon-plated glass fiber resists cracking and chipping while being 40% stronger adding more pop.
- Heritage: New
- Level of Player: Ideal for the advance to pro level player
- Construction: True one-piece
- Shaft Dimensions: Rounded corners/Straight sidewalls
- Flex Point: Low-kick
- Weight: 442 grams ( based on a Kopitar curve )
- True1 piece construction eliminates the connection point between the shaft and blade to provide unbelievable balance and feel
- Allows stick to react instantly
- More consistent flex profile due to no overlaps in the stick
- Saves weight
- A tight X stitch weave of high grade carbon fibers provide great durability and strength
- Flex Profile:
- Dagger Taper Technology:
- Features an aggressive 12-inch taper from the hosel to the shaft for increased lower flex on all shots
- The top side of the taper is thinner for more flex and the bottom portion on the taper is wider for less torque providing a more accurate shot
- This loads and releases the shaft and blade together for more flex and better pop on slap shots, snap shots and wrist shots
- Straight sidewalls with rounded corners
- Clear gloss finish
- Raised diamond print grip
- Hardcore X foam core
- Very light blade core that has 60% higher compression resistance while being 40% stronger
- Twinspar carbon fiber stringers
- Reinforces the blade core increasing endurance and the bend strength is 40% higher
- Aramid Sole
- Super tough fibers used in bullet proof vests wrap over the bottom edge of the blade to increase impact toughness
- Carbonized blade
- Carbon-plated glass fiber resists cracking and chipping
- 40% stronger and adds stiffness
- Flex: 75, 85, and 100
- Length: 63"
Comments: This stick is incredibly light and extremely durable. I have broken numerous sticks from Easton, Bauer and others. Almost immediately after removing the tape from the blade, most sticks lose their finish. Not this guy. Whatever they wrap the blade in is ultra durable. Oh yeah, this stick allows me to take SICK shots!!!
From: Michael, New York, NY
Comments: This stick is amazing warrior did an outstanding job with this stick for starters the weight is incredible the dagger tapper making this stick an extremly low kick stick is unblevieible I feel like every time I use the stick it still has pop and in all feels like a new stick. I love how warrior also used a true piece molding aspect on the whole convert line (except for the DT2). This stick is just amazing 10/10!
Comments: Flex: 100 Pattern: Burrows (PM9) Finish: Grip Aesthetics Very simplistic design with a nice finish. Still waiting for the special edition blue (Burrows)! 8/10 Blade/Stickhandling/Receiving Passes To me, the puck feel was slightly above average. It wasnÕt that great dampened effect, but it wasnÕt so hard either. It had an overall nice feel for stickhandling. I admit, this is one area that I am really strict about so I may be tougher than others, but I am spoiled by the ONE95, so anything less will have an inferior rating. 8/10 Shaft/Flex The flex of the Covert DT1 seems to be whippier than advertised. I would estimate that after cutting the Covert DT1 down about 3-4 inches that the flex feels to be about an 82-85. So if you are used to an Easton 85 or a Bauer 87, then I would go with the Covert DT1 in 100. The dagger taper definitely makes a noticeable difference when shooting. The stick is also comfortable in the hands, especially with the grip. 8.5/10 Shooting If you are used to a mid-kick stick then the Covert DT1 will take a little getting used to, but it is worth it. The release and power distribution is very nice with the aggressive taper near the blade. Snapshots and wristshots are quicker to get used to than slapshots, but again, once you hone your shot, you will be pleased. Again, I want to stress the importance of flex hereÉI would certainly try a higher flex than normal in this stick, especially due to the aggressive taper. 8/10 Weight and Balance The weight and balance of this stick was very nice. They added a longer shaft intentionally, but cutting that down did not make a noticeable difference in the balance of the stick. I would say the balance is of a top-tier stick and the weight is also right in line with comparable models. 9/10 Durability The durability of the Covert DT1 is far better than that of the Widow. I have had one pingy shaft issue that Warrior replaced for me right away, but otherwise they have been very good. 8/10 Conclusion Overall I would say that the Covert DT1 is a nice stick with many nice features, most notably the graphics, balance and kickpoint. It is a much better construction than the Widow and is a great overall option. 9/10 player reference: 6'0 / 165lbs / A League (3x/week)