Lowest Price Guarantee
The Vaughn GX1 Pro Goal Skate is the first skate from Vaughn to hit the market, and as expected from a company specializing in goaltending gear, it has excellent goalie specific designs and expert craftsmanship. With features like an anatomically correct boot design and customizable cowling, this skate will fit the needs of any goaltender.
The GX1 Pro goal skate brings in a boot design that is specifically tailored to fit the needs of goaltenders. The forward pitch boot puts the goaltender in an anatomically correct body position that allows the explosive movements needed to perform. The wider toe cap keeps the inner edge and toes from being distorted, and the taller side ankle supports create complete wrap around coverage and a secure fit. The outsole is made of full carbon fiber, giving the ultimate boot strength to allow explosive pushes without blade twisting. The toe cap is designed with thicker construction in the high impact areas for added protection from hard shots.
The cowling on the GX1 Pro goal skate has two trim lines that can be be used to reduce the size of the cowling and decrease its weight for goaltenders that do not want extra coverage on the inner areas of the foot. The inner portion of the cowling has an angled bevel resting spot, which is designed to allow for a more aggressive attack angle with the skate without slipping. The rear support post of the skate where the bottom leg strap goes through has been angled to provide a more ergonomically correct strapping that keeps the pad more secure and reduces wear on the strap. The blade is a 4mm stainless steel construction and has three attachment points to reduce blade flex and prevent catastrophic blade failures.
The Vaughn GX1 Pro goal skate is a professional level skate that uses its intuitive goalie specific design to produce a comfortable skate that performs at the highest level. The GX1 has an extremely low price tag for a pro skate, making this is a no brainer for any goalie that values saving their feet and their wallet a lot of pain.
- Model Number: GX1S
- Heritage: New
- Level of Player: (Senior)
- Advanced -> Professional
- Sizing Guidelines:
- Vaughn skates generally fit 1 1/2 sizes down from your regular shoe size. Click on Sizing Chart for more sizing information.
- Quarter Package:
- Carbon fiber outsole
- Extremely strong
- Added comfort
- Heat moldable
- For precise fit
- Ankle Padding:
- Anatomical ankle pockets with soft comfort foam
- Forms to ankle
- Tongue Construction:
- Large tongue that combines orthopedic felt with a high-density molded inner core
- Spreads lace pressure
- Gel foam and HD lace bite pads
- Forward pitch boot
- Creates better forward attack stance
- Carbon fiber liner
- Double-thick toecap
- Reinforced highest impact area
- Angled inside edge of cowling
- Increased attack angle for stronger pushes
- 4mm removable stainless steel runner
- 3 attachment points for improved blade strength
- Incredibly strong steel
- Custom trim lines on cowling
- Can reduce size of cowling to fit personal preference