Lowest Price Guarantee
The Reebok Larceny L7 Leg Pads offer a blend of tradition and technology for the hybrid style goalie. The Larceny goal pads were developed, with the input of Ryan Miller, for the hybrid goalie that is looking for a hybrid style pad that enhances the butterfly transitions while also reducing the stress on joints.
The Larceny L7 leg pads use a high grade synthetic leather with a stitched outline and screen printed graphics to give you the Larceny design. The lightweight foam core construction provides an intermediate level of protection and a soft flex the hybrid style goalie. Reebok has used a soft knee roll design in collaboration with soft foams throughout the face of the pads to reduce rebounds and allow for excellent control. The Larceny L7 goal pads use a slightly angled outer roll with knee and boot breaks to provide a softer flex. The soft flex design of the L7 pads also reduces stress on the goalie's joints, so they are always ready to make that big save.
The Larceny L7 pads use a triple knee lift design to provide excellent protection when dropping into position and easier transitions to the butterfly. Reebok designed a Kinetic Fit leg channel that lets the goalie make more fluid movements and quick saves. The leg channel uses soft foams to give a comfortable fit right along the leg. The unique design to the boot of the Larceny series allows for a lot more flex than previous Reebok pads, so the goalie can make those quick reaction saves.
The Reebok Larceny L7 pads are designed specifically for any goalie looking to commit larceny on some shooters.
- Model Year: 2012
- Model Number: GPL7
- Heritage: Reebok Larceny L7
- Level of Play: (Junior)
- Roller: Up to Advanced
- Ice: Up to Intermediate
- Playing Style: Hybrid
Excluded from shipping promotions. Ground is only $7.50 per shipment. Please see Shipping Page under the Customer Service tab for further information.
- High grade synthetic leather used in the face of the pads
- Stitched outline with screen printed graphics to provide the Larceny design
- Lightweight foams in the core for intermediate level protection
- Under-pant thigh board with extension to cover knee uses a heavy duty nylon material
- Soft flex knee rolls to provide excellent rebound control and dampen the velocity from shots
- The soft knee roll design also helps to reduce the strain on the knee and hips
- Soft foams used in the face of the pad help to dampen rebound for easier control
- Face width: 11"
- Outer Roll:
- Dual flex zones in the outer roll allows for a soft flex to the pad
- Slightly angled, square design controls rebounds and limits skip over
- Inner Roll:
- Three-piece design
- Outer foam calf wrap to provide 5-hole coverage
- Outer layer of the knee stack uses a rigid design to provide an excellent landing and sliding surface
- Lower contouring leather piece at to the boot to provide protection and durability
- Three-piece design
- Knee Stack:
- Triple knee stack design provides a stable landing pad for dropping into position or making transitions on the ice
- 3-piece knee stack
- Inner layer - Thick, soft pillow-like foam with nylon lining provides a comfortable feel on the knee
- Middle layer - Thin, denser foam layer to absorb impact when dropping on the knee stack
- Outer layer - Thin, foam and poly layer with leather on the outside for durability and easier sliding
- Calf Wrap:
- Segmented wing calf wrap protection helps to lock pads on, but still allows for easy movement
- Heavy duty nylon used in the calf wrap
- Leg Channel:
- A wider inside edge in the knee helps to provide a more stable landing pad
- Heavy duty nylon liner with super soft foams to absorb impact and provide a comfortable feel on the leg
- Kinetic Fit design in the leg channel reduces the restrictions on the leg and allows for more fluid movements and quicker responses
- Boot Channel:
- Contoured boot channel allows the pad to sit closer to the playing surface
- Unique boot design along with a soft break allows the pad to flex much easier at the boot
- 1.5" elastic velcro strap on the thigh guard
- Two 2" elastic velcro strap at the knee stack and wing calf wrap
- Two 3/4" leather straps at the knee
- Two 3/4" leather straps over the shin
- Two 3/4" leather boot strap
- Toe bridge with laces to secure the fit around the skate
- 3.65lbs (Based on a Junior 26" +1" leg pad)
Comments: In spite of the descriptions & photos on internet store sites, and Reebok's own site (which all picture the
Senior L7 pad), the Junior pad has a very different strap set up:
-2 nylon straps with plastic snap buckles at the upper/knee portion, no adjustable positioning
-2 leather straps over the calf portion
-A single boot strap.
The thigh board that was attached is the "original" style with the flap that extends down the inner portion of the knee to tuck inside
the knee cradle. The elastic on that is far too long in my opinion, making it impossible to snug it up against the thigh, and therefore
it pops out from under the pant leg when butterflying. Will be trying some mods to fix this. The length of the elastic on the knee
cradle & calf wrap is OK. Those are set up similar to the Senior version. Knee stacks are well padded, 3 layers. Knee and calf landing
area are also set up like Senior pad and covered with synthetic leather. Build quality is good for the price. No obvious missed
stitching, slight misalignment of graphic on front of knee roll. Overall good value in a hybrid style pad.