You Save: $
The Reebok 9K hockey shin guards are are a step down from the 11k, but still provide solid comfort and protection for the price. The 9k liner doesn't feature the advanced ZigTech fibers like the 11k, but it's just as comfortable. The famous JDP® knee cap and JOFA® shin shell keeps Reebok designed shin guards the perferred choice of NHL players. The 9k foams and plastics aren't as beefy as on the 11k, but overall provide great protection in a lightweight design.
The Liner on the 9k is made of very comfortable nylon. The liner is completely removable for drying and washing. The 9K shin pad uses the famous JDP® knee cap and JOFA® shin shell. This shell designs result in excellent impact dispersion resulting in stronger more protection pads. The Reebok shin shell has a less tapered design moving down into the ankle area than some of the other manufacturers. This results in a slightly wider fit in the lower leg portion.
Reebok 9k shin guard has a two strap system to secure the pad. The upper strap is made of a soft neoprene material running just below the knee. The second strap wraps around the calf securing the lower portion of the pad. This strap is also made of a neoprene material and is a three-point design. Both straps are not removable.
- Model Year: 2012
- Model Number: SG9K
- Heritage: Reebok 8K
- Level of Play: Ideal for intermediate to advanced level of play
- Reebok sizing guidelines:
Pad size / Player height
12" / 4'8"-5'2"
13" / 5'2"-5'6"
- JDP® knee cap
- Joint Discharge Principle (JDP) - Disperses the force of impact away from the knee joint
- JOFA® designed NHL shin cap - Uses a series of arches to give the pad maximum strength as well as preventing a direct impact and dispersing the energy from an impact
- HyperX and Lockstrap work together to reduce the chance of hyperextension.
- Extended ankle protection
- Foam knee joint protection with plastic insert
- Double-layered calf wrap with molded PE cap
- Removable thigh protector with plastic insert
- JDP® knee cap
- Removable soft nylon liner with knee donut
- 2 strap system
- Lock strap - 1.5" soft neoprene strap that wraps around the leg just below the knee
- Bottom strap - Neoprene and nylon "V" design strap (3-point strap) wraps around the calf securing the lower portion of the pad to the leg
- Air vents in the shin for increased air circulation
- Kinetic fit system (KFS)
- Segmented protection that moves "intelligently" with the player