Lowest Price Guarantee
The Miken Razor Z9 hockey stick is the premier hockey stick from Miken for the 2012 year. Continuing on their succes of the MV5 stick, the Z9 brings a lot of advanced futures to the table as Miken continues to make a name for itself in the stick department.
The Razor Z9 stick features Miken's exclusive Z1000 carbon fiber, which is the the highest grade material utilized in sports equipment that has properties for aerospace applications. The Z1000's strength and modulus exceeds that of any composite stick on the market and eliminates that unneeded resin to reduce weight and create superior balance. Miken's premier Zipfoam blade is foam core injected and wrapped in Z1000 carbon to reduce weight and increase responsiveness. The flex profile for the Z9 is fined tuned using a low kick point and graduated stiffness down to the lower shaft creating greater velocity.
- Model Year: 2012
- Heritage: Miken MV5
- Level of Player: Ideal for the advance to pro level player
- Construction: Fused one-piece
- Shaft Dimensions: Rounded corners/Straight sidewalls
- Flex Point: Low kick
- Weight: (based on BP10 curve, 90 flex)
- Z1000 carbon fiber - the highest grade material utilized in sports equipment
- Z1000's strength and modulus exceeds that of any stick on the market
- Eliminating unneeded resin to reduce the weight and create superior balance
- Flex Profile:
- Tapered design with a low kick point
- Graduated stiffness traveling to the lower shaft - creating greater velocity on all shots
- Traditional shaft dimensions - rounded corners/straight sidewalls
- Grip: Smooth matted stick finish
- Zipfoam blade
- Foam core injected blade
- Reduces weight
- increase responsiveness and greater feel
- Precise layup of Z1000 carbon fiber provides excellent durability
- Compression molding process provides excellent lamination of foam and composite layers offers a consistent feel and performance
- Flex: 70, 80, 90, and 100
- Length: 60
Comments: I bought 2 of these sticks. One broke in the second practice, about 14 days into the warranty, and the other is still rock solid. It's been about a week since miken got my broken stick so hopefully I will get my replacement soon. I wanted a whip flex so I got the 70 flex blade #10 and I will say it is as stiff as my ccm u+ 92 flex. This stick loads differently than any stick I have ever had and when I shoot slapshots with it all my shots seem to come off very low and the impact feels almost bone jarring. Wrist shots come off pretty hot though and I find myself sniping corners better than with my other sticks, so if I could figure out how to load the stick for the slapper I'd be in heaven. Very light
balanced stick, but I might try something else my next time around.
Other Items to Consider
Miken Hockey Sticks
Low Kick for Quick Shot
The Miken Recoil grip hockey stick is just a step down from the Razor Z9 stick but offers great performance for the advanced level of player. The senior stick length is 60", available 80,90 and 100 flex.
The Miken Vicious 1.5 is a slight step down from the Vicious 3.0 but is a solid begineer to intermediate level one-piece stick. The Vicious 1.5 stick features a slightly heavier Z500 carbon material weave but will have increased durability in the long run. The senior stick length is 60", available in 80 and 100 flex.