Lowest Price Guarantee
The Miken Razor Z9 Grip hockey stick is the premier hockey stick from Miken for the 2012 year. Continuing on their succes of the MV5 stick, the Z9 brings a lot of advanced futures to the table as Miken continues to make a name for itself in the stick department.
The Razor Z9 stick features Miken's exclusive Z1000 carbon fiber, which is the the highest grade material utilized in sports equipment that has properties for aerospace applications. The Z1000's strength and modulus exceeds that of any composite stick on the market and eliminates that unneeded resin to reduce weight and create superior balance. Miken's premier Zipfoam blade is foam core injected and wrapped in Z1000 carbon to reduce weight and increase responsiveness. The flex profile for the Z9 is fined tuned using a low kick point and graduated stiffness down to the lower shaft creating greater velocity.
- Model Year: 2012
- Heritage: Miken MV5
- Level of Player: Ideal for the advance to pro level player
- Construction: Fused one-piece
- Shaft Dimensions: Rounded corners/Straight sidewalls
- Flex Point: Low kick
- Weight: 460 grams (based on BP10 curve, 90 flex)
- Z1000 carbon fiber - the highest grade material utilized in sports equipment
- Z1000's strength and modulus exceeds that of any stick on the market
- Eliminating unneeded resin to reduce the weight and create superior balance
- Flex Profile:
- Tapered design with a low kick point
- Graduated stiffness traveling to the lower shaft - creating greater velocity on all shots
- Traditional shaft dimensions - rounded corners/straight sidewalls
- Grip: Slight grip with matted finish
- Zipfoam blade
- Foam core injected blade
- Reduces weight
- increase responsiveness and greater feel
- Precise layup of Z1000 carbon fiber provides excellent durability
- Compression molding process provides excellent lamination of foam and composite layers offers a consistent feel and performance
- Flex: 70, 80, 90, and 100
- Length: 60
Comments: Hi, I play high level inline in Australia and I've bought two of these. (BP 88 which is a great all round
curve in my opinion, very similar to the new warrior zetterberg curve)
The sticks are lightweight and well balanced, the grip coating is a slightly matt/rubbery feel that doesn't stick too much, I highly
recommend getting the grip version and that's coming from a guy who almost always goes for the non-grip versions.
Puck feel is fantastic, shaft dimensions are great, main thing I noticed was shot power was off the charts. Started scoring long
range slapshot goals, no screen or tips just banging em in, the shots stay very true which was great. the white finish towards the
bottom chips off pretty fast but that's just cosmetic.
I really thought I had found the ultimate stick but unfortunately both sticks suffered the same fate within a few short weeks of
playing, the blades of the stick split up the middle and once that happened all the power was lost and I had to put them aside.
This is with re-taping the blade after every session.
To be fair I play many times a week so I did get a decent run with them, and before they split I was playing the best I ever had.
To be even more fair, almost all sticks i get eventually suffer this problem, warrior widows....rbk 11ks you name it... all the blades
end up splitting up the middle and its probably due to the exceptionally grippy surface i play on, or perhaps my shot
technique...not sure, but it happened a lot faster with these sticks, normally takes a few months but happened quicker with these.
Now that they're on sale I'm thinking about getting them again...i should just stay away from this website! :)