|Easton V9 Hockey Sticks Sr||
Lowest Price Guarantee
The Easton Velocity V9 Hockey Sticks are co-headlining the new Easton Velocity stick line alongside the V9E. The V9 uses the Traditional Taper Profile that was found on the Mako II sticks. After years of researching how hockey players score, Easton's V9 stick optimizes velocity through puck position, blade angle and energy transfer. The HyperToe™ Technology aids in this process because the stiffened toe and softened tapered section allows players to load even more energy into their shot, thus resulting in a lightning quick shot release with insane velocity.
The Velocity V9 looks to build on the success accomplished by the Mako II sticks. The V9 uses a Traditional Tuned Taper that was also used in the Mako II's, offering a great balance of power with a quick shot release. Working hand in hand with the taper is the all new HyperToe™ blade construction. The middle of the blade has been softened while the toe has been stiffened due to the addition of extra internal support ribs to provide a big jump in stiffness. This allows the middle portion of the blade to slightly flex, functioning like the shaft to provide even more velocity while the toe remains extra stiff for excellent accuracy. Easton continued to improve on the previous Mako II blade with the new Segmented Blade Core that utilizes Airex foam. This foam is aerospace quality that provides an even better puck feel and increased responsiveness.
The shaft of the Easton Velocity V9 stick uses the Uni-Carbon Construction that universally aligns the carbon fibers vertically from top to bottom. This was first seen in the top of the line Mako II stick because it gave players a lighter and stronger shaft that is very efficient at transferring energy than the previous Kevlar shaft construction. Easton also looked to expand it's offering of dual-lie curves that are pivotal for getting the maximum velocity out of a player's shot. The E3, E28 and E36 dual-lie curves create the optimal blade angle when shooting because it keeps the puck on the toe while raising the heel slightly off the ice to allow the blade to fully load, providing insane shot velocity.
- Heritage: Mako II
- Level of Play Guideline: Elite
- Construction: Fused Two-Piece
- Shaft Dimensions: Rounded Corners / Straight Sidewalls
- Flex Point: Low kick
- Weight: 429 grams (based on E36 curve, 85 flex)
- Compression Molded Uni-Carbon Shaft
- Universally aligned fibers throughout the shaft to provide a stronger and lighter shaft while improving energy transfer also
- Fused two-piece construction
- Flex Profile:
- Traditional Taper Profile
- Provides an excellent balance of power with a quick shot release
- Pro inspired shaft dimensions
- Straight side walls with rounded corners
- Shaft dimensions used by most Easton Pro players
- Smooth matte stick finish with raised ridges
- Staggered ribs added to the toe for increased stiffness and durability
- Provides a more accurate and responsive shot
- Optimizes the toe-shooting style for maximum velocity
- Multi-Rib Blade
- Segmented Airex Foam Core
- Aerospace-grade foam for improved response and puck feel
- Improved stability and better life expectancy of blade-stiffness
- Uni-Carbon construction with 3k carbon weave
- Micro-Bladder construction process
- Gives players a more consistent feel for the puck from heel to toe
- Flex: 75, 85, 100, and 110
- Length: 59.5"
Comments: This is a great stick, a definite upgrade from my S19. I like the weight and balance better on the V9. There is less weight in the blade than on my S19 and the texture pattern on the V9 gives a good fee through a glove. I'm probably going to pick up a few more of these before the next run of sticks from Easton.
From: Ollie, O
Other Items to Consider
The Bauer Nexus 8000 Grip Hockey Stick is the premier offering in the Nexus Line, where tradition meets innovation. The 8000 utilizes a classic mid kick flex profile that combines the benefits of both the Supreme NXG and the Vapor APX2, allowing a player to quickly get a hard shot off from any angle, at any time. This flagship model showcases Bauer's new PowerSense Blade Core that maximizes puck feel and durability. The Senior Stick length is 60" and is available in 77, 87, and 102 flex with a GripTac (grip) finish.
The CCM Tacks Grip Hockey Stick is the premier offering in the new Tacks Stick Line. It comes with a traditional mid kick point that is ideal for the player who likes to heavily load up and lean into their shots. The Senior Stick Lengths and Flexes are: 60" with a 75 flex / 60" with a 85 flex / 63" with a 95 flex / 63" with a 105 flex; with all available in a grip stick finish.