Lowest Price Guarantee
The Easton Synergy EQ50 ice hockey skate offers a completely new design and fit from Easton’s Stealth line, and a drastically improved fit from the EQ5 skate. The EQ50 skate focuses on a hybrid design to offer an excellent customizable fit while capturing some of the explosive properties offered by composite materials.
A couple of seasons ago Easton started to develop a skate that would offer an accommodating, yet formable fit in a high performance, explosive package. The first development out of this was the EQ5 skate. The EQ5 offered that accommodating fit, but it fell short of Easton’s expectations in the formable and explosive elements. Easton didn't release the skate and went back to the lab and made key modifications to allow the skate to actually mold to one’s foot yet still offer pro-level support and explosive power. Which is where the EQ50 skate comes in.
The Synergy EQ50 is built with Easton’s new Hybrid Fusion technology. This technology allows Easton to laminate a supportive, composite outer upper with formable, inner foam. Easton has used their Uni-body construction to mold one-piece of the fusion foam 2.0. The Fusion Foam 2.0 has unbelievable heat moldable properties, to offer a true custom fit. The EQ50 features three key composite embed zones. The side wing embed zones allows for a more responsive and explosive feel, while the embedded flex tendon and heel give a solid stable feel.
As for the out of the box fit, the EQ50 offers Easton’s Ideal-Fit System. This system encompasses the foot with anatomically molded foams. Easton went with molded foams to greatly increase the initial comfort of the skate, and to accommodate foot types that just didn’t fit properly in the stealth series.
The Synergy EQ50 will be complete with Easton’s innovative DryFlow outsole. DryFlow outsoles feature vents, which release moisture and excess heat. This allows the skate to remain dryer which will help keep the skate lighter late in the game. As well, removing excess moisture will increase the lifetime of the skate.
- Model Year: 2011
- Model Number: A147241
- Heritage: Easton EQ5
- Level of Player: Ideal for advanced to pro level of player
- Fit Guidelines: General fit aspects of the Easton boot are medium volume, medium heel pocket, medium across top of foot and forefoot and toe box. Slightly aggressive stance.
- Sizing Guidelines: Easton skates generally fit 1 1/2 sizes down from your regular shoe size
- Quarter Package: Hybrid Fusion Technology
- Combines lightweight, fully-moldable quarters with composite reinforcement to enhance fit while optimizing response and performance consistency.
- Heat Moldable - Proprietary thermo-set flue formulations allow for enhanced comfort, improved comfort and game ready performance.
- Three carbon composite launch zones catapult you forward:
- Side-wing, flex tendon, and heel anchor
- Clarino liner with grip print
- Heel Support:
- Ideal Fit™
- Ankle Padding:
- Ideal Fit™ - Encompasses the foot with thermally activated, anatomical ankle foams
- Tongue Construction:
- Pro molded white felt tongue plus flexible lace-bite protection
- Bio-Dri™ - Easton's proprietary high-end material that wicks moisture away offering a drier better fitting skate
- Dry Flow™ - Perforated footbed allows excess moisture and heat to exit the skate
- Light, stiff carbon composite outsole with Dry Flow™
- Dry Flow™ - Releases excess moisture and heat created during play
- Equipment will stay lighter, stiffer and drier game after game
- Blade Holder and Runner:
- Razor Bladz II - A revolutionary blade system which allows the steel to arc during turns, resulting in faster, sharper, explosive turns
- Elite Runners - High-end stainless steel design with a power tab in the middle of the blade for enhanced stiffness and energy return
- Made in: