Lowest Price Guarantee
The Easton EQ40 Ice Hockey Skates offer a great value with excellent performance at a reasonable price. The EQ40 offers many of the same features and construction as the EQ50 ice skates, such as the Fusion 2.0 foams in the quarter panels, Uni-body construction, and Ideal fit system. The greatest difference is that the EQ40 skates feature Texalium composite in the embed zones, and feature a micro fiber liner.
The Synergy EQ40 is built with Easton’s new Hybrid Fusion technology. This technology allows Easton to laminate a supportive, composite outer upper with formable, inner foam. Easton has used their Uni-body construction to mold one-piece of the fusion foam 2.0. The Fusion Foam 2.0 has unbelievable heat moldable properties, to offer a true custom fit. The EQ40 features three key composite embed zones using a Texalium glass composite. The side wing embed zones allows for a more responsive and explosive feel, while the embedded flex tendon and heel give a solid stable feel.
As for the out of the box fit, the EQ40 offers Easton’s Ideal-Fit System. This system encompasses the foot with anatomically molded foams. Easton used molded foams to drastically increase the initial comfort of the skate, and to accommodate foot types that just didn’t seem to fit properly in the stealth series.
The Synergy EQ40 will be complete with Easton’s innovative DryFlow outsole. DryFlow outsoles feature vents, which release moisture and excess heat. This allows the skate to remain dryer which will help keep the skate lighter late in the game. As well, removing excess moisture will increase the lifetime of the skate.
- Model Year: 2011
- Model Number: A147242
- Heritage: Easton EQ4
- Level of Player: Ideal for the intermediate to advance level of player
- Fit Guidelines: General fit aspects of the Easton boot are medium volume, medium heel pocket, medium across top of foot and forefoot and toe box. Slightly aggressive stance.
- Sizing Guidelines: Easton skates generally fit 1 1/2 sizes down from your regular shoe size
- Quarter Package: Hybrid Fusion Technology
- Combines lightweight, fully-moldable quarters with composite reinforcement to enhance fit while optimizing response and performance consistency.
- Heat Moldable - Proprietary thermo-set flue formulations allow for enhanced comfort, improved comfort and game ready performance.
- Three Texalium glass composite launch zones catapult you forward:
- Side-wing, flex tendon, and heel anchor
- Moisture wicking microfiber
- Heel Support:
- Ideal Fit™
- Ankle Padding:
- Ideal Fit™ - Encompasses the foot with thermally activated, anatomical ankle foams
- Tongue Construction:
- Traditional 2-piece white felt tongue with lace-bite protection
- Bio-Dri™ - Easton's proprietary high-end material that wicks moisture away offering a drier better fitting skate
- Dry Flow™ - Perforated footbed allows excess moisture and heat to exit the skate
- Light, stiff Texalium composite outsole with Dry Flow™
- Dry Flow™ - Releases excess moisture and heat created during play
- Equipment will stay lighter, stiffer and drier game after game
- Blade Holder and Runner:
- Razor Bladz II - A revolutionary blade system which allows the steel to arc during turns, resulting in faster, sharper, explosive turns
- Elite Runners - High-end stainless steel design with a power tab in the middle of the blade for enhanced stiffness and energy return
- Made in:
Comments: A vary great pair of skates vary responsive and durable. I have had these
skates for 9 months now they are still good as new beside a few scratches here and
there. I highly recommend these skates to a intermediate skater bantam and above. For
the price of these skates they are fantastic! I love them.