Lowest Price Guarantee
The Easton Stealth 85S shin guards are perfect for the intermediate to advanced level player looking for great protection coverage and fit. Very similar to the RS shins but with different foams although still very protective.
The 85S shins feature Easton's Sling Tec design which supports the shin a comfortable distance away from the outer shell of the pad and also has a large HDPE calf wrap to provide a great amount of protection in the back of the leg. The inner liner is removable for easy drying and cleaning and the pad has a contoured shape which keeps the pad resting close to the leg for a great fit.
- Model Year: 2012
- Model Number: A139391
- Heritage: Easton S13
- Level of Player: Ideal for the intermediate to advance level of player
- Easton Sizing Guidelines:
Shin Pad Size / Player height
14" / 5'4" - 5'8"
15" / 5'8" - 6'
16" / 6' - 6'4"
17" / 6'4"+
- Ultra light/maximum protection using EPP/PC components
- Sling Tec™ supports the shin a comfortable distance away from the outer shell of the pad
- Allows impacts to be dispersed before reaching the shin.
- Larger HDPE Calf Wrap to provide advanced protection to the back of the leg
- Extra padding located on knee joint
- Ergonomic shin liner with Griptec- Easton's unique system that releases moisture and excess heat created during play
- Griptec material keeps the shin pad in the right place on your shin
- Shin liner is removable
- Held in with velcro and can be adjusted for a custom fit
- Ergonomic shin allows for shin and knee to sit deeper and offer a more comfortable fit
- Kneecap provides greater lateral support while locking the knee into proper position
- Tapeline just below the knee allowing the tape to rest evenly resulting in secure fit
- Contoured design keeps the pad resting close to the leg giving a less "bulky" feeling
- Two straps:
- Upper strap under the knee with neoprene pad
- Elastic strap over the calf wrap
- Weight: 600 grams (14" shin guard)
Comments: Shin pads are comfortable and light. The sizing for me was spot on with the sizing chart. Already took a few hard shots and I could barely feel the impact. The protection is fantastic!!
From: Chris, Spokane, WA
Comments: Matt is either optimistic about his height, or has very short legs for someone 6ft tall. I'm 5'7" and consider myself pretty proportional and the 14s fit me about perfect. The upper strap is a nice design with a pad to keep from digging into your calf but it's a little too narrow to be totally comfortable. These do have alot of protection for someone looking for a reasonable priced shin. If you've seen the inside of a hard hat, the suspension type liner is similar in operation. They are also more comfortable to me than the reebok 9ks that are more money.
From: T MAN, NJ
Comments: Absolutely amazing, comfortable, lightweight, and very protective. I got a 15" and im 6'0 and they are little large for my taste, could have gone with a 14" would be perfect. None the less great shinguards.
From: Matt, Kapolei, HI USA (Yes we play inline hockey in Hawaii)
Other Items to Consider
Easton Hockey Shin Guards Senior
The Easton Synergy HSX Shin Guards are the flagship model in the Synergy series offering all the top features in a shin guard. Easton's Exo-Skel, Sling Tec™ and Arc lining all work together to provide a lightweight and protective shin guard that evaporates moisture quickly.
The Easton Synergy 80 Shin Guards offer great performance without that big price tag. These shin guards utilize high-quality features like the Exo-Skel armor plate on the calf wrap for good protection and Sling Tec™ technology to prevent impacts from reaching your knee.
The Easton Synergy 60 Shin Guards utilize higher quality materials for a good level of protection and breathability. High density foams throughout disperse high-energy impacts well and the E-Cell foam calf wrap provides excellent slash protection and air circulation.
The Easton Synergy 40 Shin Guards offer solid protection at a good price. These shin guards feature the E-Cell foam lattice on the calf wrap for excellent protection and air circulation.
The Easton Synergy 20 Shin Guards are the entry level model in the Synergy lineup. This shin guard features a tapered design that follows the shape of the leg for better responsiveness. The dual-density foam knee padding reduces impact energies while still providing a comfortable feel. Easton's Tru-Air cap promotes better air circulation to keep your knee dry.
The Easton Pro Shin Guards are a traditional shin guard that is unrelated to the Easton Stealth and Mako families. These shin guards are ideal for the player looking for a professional level of protection.