Lowest Price Guarantee
The Easton Mako M5 II Grip Hockey Shafts are the premier traditional hockey shafts from Easton. It shares key characteristics from the one-piece Mako M5 II stick but gives the versatility of a shaft/blade combination. The Compression Molding Process that Easton used enables this shaft to be strong, lightweight and very responsive. Like the top of the line Mako II stick, this shaft utilizes a grip texture in the form of raised ridges in the area where the lower hand goes.
- Model Year: 2013
- Heritage: Easton Mako M5 Shaft
- Level of Play Guideline: Performance
- Shaft Style: Traditional
- Shaft Dimensions: Rounded corners/Double-concave sidewalls
- Flex Point: Low-kick
- Blade Compatibility: Traditional blades
- Weight: 336 grams (based on 85 flex shaft)
- Uni-Carbon System
- Universally aligned fibers throughout the shaft to provide a stronger and lighter shaft while improving energy transfer also
- Flex Profile:
- Tuned taper section built with Easton's Elite Stiffness Profile to pro specs - Offers quick shot release and controlled puck reaction
- Double concave side walls with rounded corners
- Grip: Grip finish stick coating
- Flex: 85 and 100
- Length: 51"
Other Items to Consider
The Bauer Vapor APX2 SE Traditional Hockey Shaft features many of the sought after technologies seen in the APX2 stick. The TeXtreme® Carbon Fiber is 20% lighter than traditional carbon and provides top notch pop too. The eLASTech® Resin System helps to preserve the pop life of the shaft while also preventing small cracks caused by slashes and pucks from growing. The signature Vapor flex profile is spearheaded by Bauer's Intelli-Sense Shot Technology that allows the upper handle to flex for powerful booming shots and still has a lightning quick shot release with it's low kick point. The Senior Shaft Length is 52" and is available in a 77, 87, 102 and 112 flex with a Griptac (grip) shaft coating.
The Bauer Vapor X90 Traditional Hockey Shaft is an excellent mid price point shaft from the Vapor Shaft Line. With a low kick point, the X90 provides a lightning quick shot release. The Micro-Feel II shaft dimensions were passed down from the flagship APX2, giving the player a better anatomical grasp on the shaft. The premium carbon fiber used throughout allows for a better lightweight feel with increased responsiveness.