Lowest Price Guarantee
The Easton Mako Ice Hockey Skates are a revolutionary new design aimed to provide the the most extensive range of motion and power an ice skate has ever seen. Easton acquired the MLX skate company that employed this strategy and this is the first product to be released utilizing this.
- Model Number: A147156
- Heritage: New
- Level of Play Guideline: Elite
- Fit Guidelines: General fit aspects of the Mako boot is low to medium volume with a very contouring fit; offering low-medium volume in the ankle area, heel pocket, across the top of the foot and the toe box
- Sizing Guidelines: Easton skates generally fit 1 1/2 sizes down from your regular shoe size
- Quarter Package:
- Hybrid construction
- Asymmetrical boot
- Inside edges of the quarter package are 5mm taller to provide extra support when cutting or cornering
- Outside edges of the quarter packages are 5mm shorter to provide full extension during toe snap
- Hydrophobic grip-light liner
- Heel Support:
- Deep v-cut in front of the tendon guard
- The Torx tendon tool is not supplied in the skate box.
- Ankle Padding:
- Soft foam ankle pads
- Tongue Construction:
- Black felt tongue with high-density foam for protection
- Standard footbed
- Carbon Composite
- Stiff flat platform maximizing energy transfer
- Blade Holder and Runner:
- CXN Holder
- Taller to increase turning radius
- Weight of a Size 9D Skate: 800 grams
Comments: got these in may and all that you read about is true. These are phenomenal! Took about two months of playing to get completely used too but necessary. The boots comfort is perfect, you may need to heat gun some spots, but no big deal. The cornering and transitions in these are intense. The forward pitch is great too. The product delivers comfort, execution of natural movement, and quality(4months in and no wear).
From: Alan, Federal Way, WA
Comments: I've had these skates for about 4 months and they are like no other skate I've used. These skates MUST be baked. Once they are, they mold to your feet as if they were custom made. The aggressive boat allows for a better stride, at least it has for me, and better turning. The only drawback is the color scheme. Easton should really consider making a 'blacked-out' boot. Otherwise, I really like the Makos.
From: Seeks, Philadelphia, PA
Comments: Very good skate I just got them 2 weeks ago and I am already impressed with the comfort. Baking it for 16 mins really make them feel like socks. Takes a while to get used to them because they are pitched forward. Once you get used to them they offer great comfort, put you on your toes, full stride, and excellent mobility. A must buy for elite hockey players in my opinion.
Other Items to Consider
Easton MAKO Ice Hockey Skates
The Easton Mako M8 Ice Hockey Skates offer numerous top-notch technologies without the top-notch price tag. This Mako M8 utilizes a carbon fiberglass quarter package that is very hard to beat at this price point. The quarter is quite comparable to the original Mako I, it reacts extreme well to heat molding and maximizes power through key design elements that give it an extensive amount of free range of motion.
Sizes Available: 11.0
The Easton Mako M7 Ice Hockey Skates is a mid-price skate that fully utilizes Mako's "Natural Movement" theory for explosive speed. The Mako M7 skate uses Easton's True-Fit™ Last that delivers an incredibly anatomical fit profile that completely eliminates negative space within the boot. Using their EC50 Carbon Fiber Matrix, this boot molds like no other skate on the market while providing strategic support in key areas to maximize energy transfer.
Sizes Available: 11.0