Lowest Price Guarantee
The Easton Mako Ice Hockey Skates are a revolutionary new design aimed to provide the the most extensive range of motion and power an ice skate has ever seen. Easton acquired the MLX skate company that employed this strategy and this is the first product to be released utilizing this.
- Model Number: A147156
- Heritage: New
- Level of Player: Ideal for the advanced to pro level of player
- Fit Guidelines: General fit aspects
- Sizing Guidelines: Easton skates generally fit 1 1/2 sizes down from your regular shoe size
- Quarter Package:
- Hybrid construction
- Asymmetrical boot
- Inside edges of the quarter package are 5mm taller to provide extra support when cutting or cornering
- Outside edges of the quarter packages are 5mm shorter to provide full extension during toe snap
- Hydrophobic grip-light liner
- Heel Support:
- Deep v-cut in front of the tendon guard
- The Torx tendon tool is not supplied in the skate box.
- Ankle Padding:
- Soft foam ankle pads
- Tongue Construction:
- Black felt tongue with high-density foam for protection
- Standard footbed
- Carbon Composite
- Stiff flat platform maximizing energy transfer
- Blade Holder and Runner:
- CXN Holder
- Taller to increase turning radius
- Weight of a Size 9D Skate: 800 grams
Comments: I've had these skates for about 3 months now and so far I really enjoy playing in them. They fit really well and it didn't take
long to break them in. Definitely heat them so that they will mold to the shape of your foot. I can turn a lot quicker with how flexible the tendon guard is. I play defense and skating backwards is fine with the aggressive lean. I think these skates are great for all levels of play. I play in a low tier beer league and I've had lots of questions about them from my teammates and opposing players. I think Easton has done a pretty good job with these skates and so far I haven't had any problems with the durability. Thanks IW!
From: Glenn, Vancouver
Other Items to Consider
Easton MAKO Ice Hockey Skates
The Easton Mako II Ice Hockey Skates are an evolution of the original Mako skate that took the market by storm. This Easton Mako II is geared for the player who strives to take advantage of every second, of every shift. Every piece of it's construction is designed to offer a complete range of motion, providing pure speed and aggressiveness.
The Easton Mako II Youth Ice Hockey Skates are designed for the youngster who wants to gain an edge on the competition. This high-performance youth skate features a nylon quarter package that features the same Extendon™ Tendon Guard and Asymmetrical Quarter Package design as the adult version.
The Easton Mako M8 Ice Hockey Skates offer numerous top-notch technologies without the top-notch price tag. This Mako M8 utilizes a carbon fiberglass quarter package that is very hard to beat at this price point. The quarter is quite comparable to the original Mako I, it reacts extreme well to heat molding and maximizes power through key design elements that give it an extensive amount of free range of motion.