Lowest Price Guarantee
The Easton Mako II Hockey Shafts are the premier tapered hockey shafts from Easton. The Mako II shafts uses a lot of the great features that are on the one-piece Mako II stick. Easton constructed this shaft using a compression molding process that enables the shaft to be extremely consistent as well as responsive and light. The Tapered hosel design makes for a low-kick point giving you a wicked fast release on shots and passes.
- Heritage: Easton Mako Shaft
- Level of Play Guideline: Elite
- Shaft Style: Tapered
- Shaft Dimensions: Rounded corners/Double-concave sidewalls
- Flex Point: Low-kick
- Blade Compatibility: Tapered blades
- Weight: 317 grams (based on 85 flex shaft)
- Uni-Carbon System
- Universally aligned fibers throughout the shaft to provide a stronger and lighter shaft while improving energy transfer also
- Flex Profile:
- Tuned taper section built with Easton's Elite Stiffness Profile to pro specs - Offers quick shot release and controlled puck reaction
- Double concave side walls with rounded corners
- Grip: Smooth matte finish stick coating
- Flex: 75, 85, 100
- Length: 55"
Comments: I tried the grip and non-grip version and still went for the non-grip version as EASTON's grip coating is kind of too sticky. This shaft really feels different from all of my shafts (I own about 12 shafts, different brands and different models). With proper blade curve been installed, you can really use this shaft to give out all kinds of shots without any problems.
Two things need to mention:
1. This is shaft + blade, so you will feel somewhat different in shooting when comparing to one piece version.
2. This shaft is low kick design. Wrist shot and snap shot are both excellent, but slap shot may be a little bit weak simply because it is designed for quick and low profile attack, not like motions in slap shot.
From: Jen-Yen, Ashburn, VA
Other Items to Consider
The Bauer Vapor 1X Tapered Hockey Shaft is the top of the line low kick shaft from Bauer. The 1X shaft utilizes Bauer's all-new QRT Technology (Quick Release Taper Technology), alongside with their exclusive TeXtreme® carbon and eLASTech Resin System. The aggressive QRT taper loads 20% faster and unloads 28% faster than the previous APX2, allowing players to get the puck on net quicker than ever before. The Senior Shaft Length is 54" and is available in a 77, 87, and 102 flex with a clear shaft finish.
The Bauer Vapor APX2 Tapered Hockey Shaft features many of the sought after technologies seen in the APX2 stick. The TeXtreme® Carbon Fiber is 20% lighter than traditional carbon and provides top notch pop too. The eLASTech® Resin System helps to preserve the pop life of the shaft while also preventing small cracks caused by slashes and pucks from growing. The signature Vapor flex profile is spearheaded by Bauer's Intelli-Sense Shot Technology that allows the upper handle to flex for powerful booming shots and still has a lightning quick shot release with it's low kick point. The Senior Shaft Length is 54" and is available in a 77, 87, and 102 flex with a clear shaft finish.