Lowest Price Guarantee
The Easton Mako Shin Guards are the premier shin guards in the Easton Mako line. These top of the line shin guards provide superior protection and mobility for the highest level of play.
Easton continued with the Mako ideology that "Natural Movement = Mobility" by insuring maximum maneuverability. The best example of this is the amazing amount of flex found in the knee area. The hinge point is more natural than the average shin guard since it has been moved down a bit and the little force required to move it is incredible. Another advantage to this gained mobility is the gain in protection that comes with it.
The Mako shin guard utilizes key materials in key areas to provide that advanced level of protection needed at the the highest levels of play. The knee cap has three layers providing excellent mobility and protection; the outer layer of the knee is a durable layer of HDPE plastic, the middle layer is a fully perforated medium density and the final inner layer (part of the liner) has a small tab of high density foam insuring total coverage. The outer knee area is protected by a high density foam that is great for dispersing large amounts of energy (hard shots/slashes). The calf wrap is supported by an injected-plastic with high density foam covering the outer rear calf while medium density foam covers the inner rear calf. The liner is completely removable and has a grip texture on the lower part of the shin to insure a solid and secure grip.
- Model Number: A139529
- Heritage: New
- Level of Play Guideline: Elite
- Fit Guidelines: Tapered
- Easton Sizing Guidelines:
Shin Guard Size / Player Height
SR 14" / 5'4" - 5'8"
SR 15" / 5'8" - 6'0"
SR 16" / 6'0" - 6'4"
SR 17" / 6'4"+
- Large ribbed impact zones disperse heavy impacts
- Sling Tec™ supports the shin a comfortable distance away from the outer shell of the pad
- Allows impacts to be dispersed before reaching the shin.
- Outer calf wrap is made of a high density foam backed with perforated medium density foam for great lightweight protection
- Perforated medium-density foam on the inner calf wrap
- Thick high-density foam located on knee joint and lower thigh
- Micro-mesh comfort liner
- Wicks away moisture while promoting ventilation
- Liner cradle helps sink in the shin while a large knee doughnut and a grip texture helps secure the knee
- Shin liner is removable and washable
- Held in with velcro and can be adjusted for a custom fit
- Ergonomic shin allows for the shin and knee to sit quite deep and comfortably
- Shin guard shell is cut up at the bottom to maximize stride length without restriction
- Kneecap provides greater lateral support while locking the knee into proper position
- Tapeline just below the knee allowing the tape to rest evenly resulting in secure fit
- Tapered design helps to maximize mobility without sacrificing protection
- Two straps:
- 1.0" nylon strap under the back of the knee
- Wide tapered neoprene strap secures around the middle of the calf
- Weight: 635 grams (Based on a 14")
Comments: I purchased these shin guards after doing lots of review work and finally decided to commit to them. I put them on and they were comfortable (never played in them). I took the right one off to adjust the liner inside. As soon as I opened the back side to take it out, a rivet popped off on the right side right below the knee. If I didn't need them right now, I would have shipped them back. I do believe I was able to force the rivet back through and hopefully fix it !
From: Mitch, Dayton, OH
Comments: Best shin guard ever, took one to the side of the knee felt nothing. Extremely comfortable, love the strapping system, dry quickly, look sexy as hell.
From: Chris, Bakersfield, CA
Easton Hockey Shin Guards Senior
The Easton Synergy HSX Shin Guards are the flagship model in the Synergy series offering all the top features in a shin guard. Easton's Exo-Skel, Sling Tec™ and Arc lining all work together to provide a lightweight and protective shin guard that evaporates moisture quickly.
The Easton Synergy 80 Shin Guards offer great performance without that big price tag. These shin guards utilize high-quality features like the Exo-Skel armor plate on the calf wrap for good protection and Sling Tec™ technology to prevent impacts from reaching your knee.
The Easton Synergy 60 Shin Guards utilize higher quality materials for a good level of protection and breathability. High density foams throughout disperse high-energy impacts well and the E-Cell foam calf wrap provides excellent slash protection and air circulation.
The Easton Synergy 40 Shin Guards offer solid protection at a good price. These shin guards feature the E-Cell foam lattice on the calf wrap for excellent protection and air circulation.
The Easton Synergy 20 Shin Guards are the entry level model in the Synergy lineup. This shin guard features a tapered design that follows the shape of the leg for better responsiveness. The dual-density foam knee padding reduces impact energies while still providing a comfortable feel. Easton's Tru-Air cap promotes better air circulation to keep your knee dry.
The Easton Pro Shin Guards are a traditional shin guard that is unrelated to the Easton Stealth and Mako families. These shin guards are ideal for the player looking for a professional level of protection.