Lowest Price Guarantee
The Easton Mako Shin Guards are the premier shin guards in the Easton Mako line. These top of the line shin guards provide superior protection and mobility for the highest level of play.
Easton continued with the Mako ideology that "Natural Movement = Mobility" by insuring maximum maneuverability. The best example of this is the amazing amount of flex found in the knee area. The hinge point is more natural than the average shin guard since it has been moved down a bit and the little force required to move it is incredible. Another advantage to this gained mobility is the gain in protection that comes with it.
The Mako shin guard utilizes key materials in key areas to provide that advanced level of protection needed at the the highest levels of play. The knee cap has three layers providing excellent mobility and protection; the outer layer of the knee is a durable layer of HDPE plastic, the middle layer is a fully perforated medium density and the final inner layer (part of the liner) has a small tab of high density foam insuring total coverage. The outer knee area is protected by a high density foam that is great for dispersing large amounts of energy (hard shots/slashes). The calf wrap is supported by an injected-plastic with high density foam covering the outer rear calf while medium density foam covers the inner rear calf. The liner is completely removable and has a grip texture on the lower part of the shin to insure a solid and secure grip.
- Model Number: A139529
- Heritage: New
- Level of Play Guideline: Elite
- Fit Guidelines: Tapered
- Easton Sizing Guidelines:
Shin Guard Size / Player Height
SR 14" / 5'4" - 5'8"
SR 15" / 5'8" - 6'0"
SR 16" / 6'0" - 6'4"
SR 17" / 6'4"+
- Large ribbed impact zones disperse heavy impacts
- Sling Tec™ supports the shin a comfortable distance away from the outer shell of the pad
- Allows impacts to be dispersed before reaching the shin.
- Outer calf wrap is made of a high density foam backed with perforated medium density foam for great lightweight protection
- Perforated medium-density foam on the inner calf wrap
- Thick high-density foam located on knee joint and lower thigh
- Micro-mesh comfort liner
- Wicks away moisture while promoting ventilation
- Liner cradle helps sink in the shin while a large knee doughnut and a grip texture helps secure the knee
- Shin liner is removable and washable
- Held in with velcro and can be adjusted for a custom fit
- Ergonomic shin allows for the shin and knee to sit quite deep and comfortably
- Shin guard shell is cut up at the bottom to maximize stride length without restriction
- Kneecap provides greater lateral support while locking the knee into proper position
- Tapeline just below the knee allowing the tape to rest evenly resulting in secure fit
- Tapered design helps to maximize mobility without sacrificing protection
- Two straps:
- 1.0" nylon strap under the back of the knee
- Wide tapered neoprene strap secures around the middle of the calf
- Weight: 635 grams (Based on a 14")
Comments: I purchased these shin guards after doing lots of review work and finally decided to commit to them. I put them on and they were comfortable (never played in them). I took the right one off to adjust the liner inside. As soon as I opened the back side to take it out, a rivet popped off on the right side right below the knee. If I didn't need them right now, I would have shipped them back. I do believe I was able to force the rivet back through and hopefully fix it !
From: Mitch, Dayton, OH
Comments: Best shin guard ever, took one to the side of the knee felt nothing. Extremely comfortable, love the strapping system, dry quickly, look sexy as hell.
From: Chris, Bakersfield, CA
Easton Hockey Shin Guards Senior
The Easton Stealth CX Hockey Shin Guards are the flagship shin pads featuring pro-level comfort, ventilation, and protection. Both the knee cap and shin guard are constructed of a thick molded PE (plastic) with a low-profile design, which decreases the overall weight while providing top-level protection.
The Easton Stealth C9.0 Hockey Shin Guards provide a high level of comfort and protection at an excellent price. The low-profile shin guard features a PE (hard plastic) shell and knee cap that gives great protection for shot blocking and the normal impacts inherent to hockey.
The Easton Stealth C7.0 Hockey Shin Guards provide lightweight protection with a low-profile design. The two-piece design uses a hard plastic shell in the shin and knee cap that are vented for great airflow.
The Easton Stealth C5.0 Hockey Shin Guards are great lightweight shin guards for recreational play. Easton designed a vented plastic shell and knee caps for great air flow while adding foam around the knee cap and down the calf for solid protection.
The Easton Pro 10 Hockey Shin Guards use a pro-preferred construction that's designed to maximize protection. The hard pro cap and HDPE molded shin both give the ultimate protection from impacts. Beneath that, Easton uses their Sling-Tec™ technology to suspend the shin and knee away from the point of impact.
The Easton Synergy HSX Shin Guards are the flagship model in the Synergy series offering all the top features in a shin guard. Easton's Exo-Skel, Sling Tec™ and Arc lining all work together to provide a lightweight and protective shin guard that evaporates moisture quickly.
The Easton Synergy 40 Shin Guards offer solid protection at a good price. These shin guards feature the E-Cell foam lattice on the calf wrap for excellent protection and air circulation.