Lowest Price Guarantee
The Easton Mako Shin Guards are the premier shin guards in the Easton Mako line. These top of the line shin guards provide superior protection and mobility for the highest level of play.
Easton continued with the Mako ideology that "Natural Movement = Mobility" by insuring maximum maneuverability. The best example of this is the amazing amount of flex found in the knee area. The hinge point is more natural than the average shin guard since it has been moved down a bit and the little force required to move it is incredible. Another advantage to this gained mobility is the gain in protection that comes with it.
The Mako shin guard utilizes key materials in key areas to provide that advanced level of protection needed at the the highest levels of play. The knee cap has three layers providing excellent mobility and protection; the outer layer of the knee is a durable layer of HDPE plastic, the middle layer is a fully perforated medium density and the final inner layer (part of the liner) has a small tab of high density foam insuring total coverage. The outer knee area is protected by a high density foam that is great for dispersing large amounts of energy (hard shots/slashes). The calf wrap is supported by an injected-plastic with high density foam covering the outer rear calf while medium density foam covers the inner rear calf. The liner is completely removable and has a grip texture on the lower part of the shin to insure a solid and secure grip.
- Model Number: A139529
- Heritage: New
- Level of Play Guideline: Elite
- Fit Guidelines: Tapered - Is a form fitting shin guard that reduces negative space maximizing movement
- Easton Sizing Guidelines:
Shin Guard Size / Player Height
JR 10" / 4'0" - 4'4"
JR 11" / 4'4" - 4'8"
JR 12" / 4'8" - 5'0"
JR 13" / 5'0" - 5'4"
- Large ribbed impact zones disperse heavy impacts
- Sling Tec™ supports the shin a comfortable distance away from the outer shell of the pad
- Allows impacts to be dispersed before reaching the shin.
- Outer calf wrap is made of a high density foam backed with perforated medium density foam for great lightweight protection
- Perforated medium-density foam on the inner calf wrap
- Thick high-density foam located on knee joint and lower thigh
- Micro-mesh comfort liner
- Wicks away moisture while promoting ventilation
- Liner cradle helps sink in the shin while a large knee doughnut and a grip texture helps secure the knee
- Shin liner is removable and washable
- Held in with velcro and can be adjusted for a custom fit
- Ergonomic shin allows for the shin and knee to sit quite deep and comfortably
- Shin guard shell is cut up at the bottom to maximize stride length without restriction
- Kneecap provides greater lateral support while locking the knee into proper position
- Tapeline just below the knee allowing the tape to rest evenly resulting in secure fit
- Tapered design helps to maximize mobility without sacrificing protection
- Two straps:
- 1.0" nylon strap under the back of the knee
- Wide tapered neoprene strap secures around the middle of the calf
- Weight: 635 grams (Based on a 14")
Other Items to Consider
Easton Hockey Shin Guards Junior & Youth
The Easton Stealth CX Hockey Shin Guards are the flagship shin pads featuring pro-level comfort, ventilation, and protection. Both the knee cap and shin guard are constructed of a thick molded PE (plastic) with a low-profile design, which decreases the overall weight while providing top-level protection.
The Easton Stealth C9.0 Hockey Shin Guards provide a high level of comfort and protection at an excellent price. The low-profile shin guard features a vented PE (hard plastic) shell and knee cap that gives great protection for shot blocking and the normal impacts inherent to hockey.
The Easton Stealth C7.0 Hockey Shin Guards provide lightweight protection with a low-profile design. The two-piece design uses a hard plastic shell in the shin and knee cap that are vented for great airflow.
The Easton Stealth C5.0 Hockey Shin Guards are great lightweight shin guards for recreational play. Easton designed a vented plastic shell and knee caps for great air flow while adding foam around the knee cap and down the calf for solid protection.
The Easton Stealth CX Youth Hockey Shin Guards are designed to protect the future all-stars as they work their way through youth hockey. The lightweight, hard plastic construction gives the perfect amount of protection without adding unnecessary bulk, and the protective foams extend to cover key areas.
The Easton Synergy 20 Shin Guards are the entry level model in the Synergy lineup. This shin guard features a tapered design that follows the shape of the leg for better responsiveness. The dual-density foam knee padding reduces impact energies while still providing a comfortable feel. Easton's Tru-Air cap promotes better air circulation to keep your knee dry.