You Save: $
The CCM U+ 12 Ice Hockey Skates offer a great advanced level performance at a slightly lower price point than the CCM U+ CL skates. CCM has redesigned and perfected the fit of the U+ ice hockey skate with the new quarter package design. The U+ 12 skates features additional ankle reinforcement and a more relaxed forefoot construction to ensure out of box comfort and skate performance.
The U+ 12 skate takes the heat mold ability that CCM's U+ skates have become known for and taken it to the next level. CCM has added U foam in the tongue and footbed, so that in conjunction with the foam in the quarter package and ankle offers a 360° customization. The new quarter package features embossed surlyn to enhance step-in comfort and maintain durability. To further help increase durability with a bumper zone and metal mesh in high abrasion areas.
The U+ 12 skates feature CCM's exhaust system composed of the ventilated tongue, footbed, and outsole. These pieces work together as one "moisture exhaust system" to help keep feet cool, dry and lightweight. The major differences between the CCM U+ CL and CCM U+ 12 skates are the U+ 12 skates features a different liner, outsole, and the U+ CL is manufactured in Canada.
CCM is relabeling their skates "EE", instead of just "E". Although, the fit is NOT changing. "EE" is just a more accurate representation of the fit when compared to other brands. Therefore, your skates may come labeled "EE" or "E", but rest assured the fit is NOT changing.
- Model Year: 2011
- Model Number: SKU12
- Heritage: CCM U+ 09
- Level of Player: Ideal for the advance to pro level player
- Fit Guidelines: General fit aspects of the CCM boot are medium-high volume, medium ankle area, wide across top of foot and forefoot and medium toe box.
- Sizing Guidelines: CCM skates generally fit 1 1/2 sizes down from your regular shoe size
- Quarter Package:
- Vector Armour quarter technology provides pro level responsiveness
- Vamping "bumper" protects the quarter package in the high abrasion zone
- Surlyn coating and metal mesh inserts maximize durability
- Embossments are designed to enhance step-in comfort and foot wrap
- Vector Armour quarter technology provides pro level responsiveness
- Moisture wicking Clarino
- Ankle Padding:
- U Foam is a highly advanced heat reactive material conforms to each individual foot, eliminating negative space for suprerior fit and maximum energy transfer
- Poron ankle reinforcement provides superior fit, increased stability and fills in the negative space around the heel, ankle and Achilles tendon
- Heel Support:
- Heat moldable U Foam
- A deep heel pocket secures and enhances foot stability
- Tongue: CCM Armour Tongue
- 60 durometer U foam for added protection
- Felt provides instant comfort and interior foot wrap
- Compressed foam insert with articulated zones protects against lace bite while enabling forward flexion
- Exhaust system - Venting holes down the sides of the tongue from increase air circulation and help keep feet cool dry and lightweight
- Custom support footbed
- U Foam core layer for moldability, supports the foot increased stiffness for maximum energy transfer and response
- Diamond pattern base layer enhances moisture management and ventilation
- Composite exhaust outsole
- Blade Holder and Runner:
- E-blade Pro holder - Asymmetric front mounting plate design maximizes push-off force
- Proformance Lite™ stainless steel
- Weight of a size 9D skate: 873.2 grams
- Made In:
Comments: I bought these skates. They are nice and stiff. The toungue stays in place, and the tenden gaurd is great with no flex. I love these skates. The were kinda hard to break in and hurt my ankle slightly but this problem will work it self out after they are broken in. They put you in a great stance and they feel great on the ice. I'm really happy with my CCM U+12 Skates
Comments: These skates are just the same as the crazy lights but cheaper in price really comfortable skates
Comments: I love the U12's very happy with these skates. They are a replacement to an older leather boot CCM Tacks 452's and the jump in technology is very noticeable. The skates can handle a lot more than my legs and feet can dish out that's for sure. The minute I stepped onto the ice I could tell that these were lighter, tighter and better handling than any skate I have ever owned. I've noticed too that my feet stay very cool and in fact they got cold at my mini-mite's open skate with the slower pace. I am a good beer league player and these skates a most definitely beyond what I need, but I am very pleased with the purchase.
Comments: very comfortable skate, and so far, very durable. I play a lot of pick up hockey (slash central) and they have stood up to that very well.
From: Jeff KY, USA
Comments: You wont regret buying these skates. Easily one of the most comfortable skates after they've been baked. I feel like I have a level of control over what happens beneath me that far exceeds what I'm used to (RBK 9k 08 model). My highest level was college D1 Club and I feel as though I'm among the better skaters around. I've worn them 20-25 times, no blisters...a bit sore but that is from the boot being a bit more stiff and responsive from what I'm used to. Biggest difference Ive seen between the CL vs 12 is the arch support. The CL has pronounced support in the arch of the skate, so if you have a flatter arch like me...go with the 12's. Fantastic skate!
Comments:i love these skates. My last skates were some lower end missions that i got when i didn't know if i would be playing hockey again for very long and it was time for an upgrade. I wear a 10 to a 10.5 shoe so I just guessed on the size that i needed and got lucky with an 8.5. The u foam is awesome and the skates feel great, especially once i baked them
Comments:These are by far the best skates i have ever owned. I bought these after cracking the holder on my Bauer X60s. Only problem i had originally was a pressure point on my heel, but baking took care of that. clean look, and the ribbed tongue allows for easier mobility and flex. Highly recommend.
From: Kyle (Pittsburgh Vipers 18uAA)
Comments: Very comfortable skate and a very deep skate in terms of depth through
the forefoot and midfoot compared to other skates on the market.
Stiffness is great and the skates are very light. However, after a year
of playing 3 games, my tendon guard on both skates broke and I've had to
replace an eyelet or two. I would buy this skate again for its comfort
and how it maintains its stiffness after break in but I was disappointed
that the tendon guards broke so fast.
From: Roy, Phoenix, Az
Other Items to Consider
CCM Ice Hockey Skates Senior
The CCM U+ Crazy Light Ice Hockey Skates are the Premier ice skates from CCM offering an advance pro level performance, and the only skates from CCM made in Canada. CCM has redesigned and perfected the fit of the U+ ice hockey skate with the new quarter package design. The U+ Crazy Light features additional ankle reinforcement and a more relaxed forefoot construction to ensure out of box comfort and skate performance.
Sizes Available: 8.0, 9.0
The CCM GREEN U+ Crazy Light Ice Hockey Skates are the Premier ice skates from CCM offering an advance pro level performance, and the only skates from CCM made in Canada. CCM has redesigned and perfected the fit of the U+ ice hockey skate with the new quarter package design. The U+ Crazy Light features additional ankle reinforcement and a more relaxed forefoot construction to ensure out of box comfort and skate performance.
Sizes Available: 7.5
The CCM U+ 08 Ice Hockey Skates are the most affordable skate in the CCM skate line featuring the U+ foam that offers excellent mold-ability to provide a superior customizable fit. The CCM 08 skates are also the highest level skate featuring a traditional pro style 2-piece felt tongue. The Rugged Armour quarter panel offers good support with great durability.
The CCM U+ 06 Ice Hockey skates offer a great value with solid performance ideal for recreational to intermediate level of play. The Vectorwear quarter package has a good level of support and response while still offering some forgiveness making them perfect for players with some experience but still fine tuning their craft. CCM has improved the overall fit in this line of skates to offer better initial comfort.