Lowest Price Guarantee
The Bauer Vapor XR3 is a jump from the XR2, and showcases a Vanguard™ Detonator frame. The XR3 is the first skate in the Bauer line to offer a 1 piece frame. This provides the player with increased responsiveness. The XR3 comes complete with 76A indoor wheels and ABEC 7 bearings. A perfect skate for the intermediate roller player.
- Model Number: 1038048
- Heritage: Vapor RX20
- Level of Player: Ideal for recreational to intermediate level of play
- Fit Guidelines: General fit aspects of the Vapor boot are low-medium volume, medium ankle area, medium across top of foot and forefoot and medium toe box.
- Sizing Guidelines: Bauer skates generally fit 1 1/2 sizes down from your regular shoe size
- Quarter Package: Sublimated woven mesh with improved molded X-rib pattern
- The new X-rib design (seen from looking at the back of the boot) offers maximum structural support throughout the entire boot for quicker acceleration and tighter turns. The aggressive pitched boot design allows for optimum forward flex.
- Brushed nylon
- Heel Support:
- Exterior embossed heel cup/ankle support
- Tongue Construction:
- Anatomical 2-piece felt
- Molded Comfort EVA
- Injected TPR
- Frame: Hi-Lo™ Vanguard™ frame: 6000 Series Aluminum Detonator
- The Vanguard™ frame uses 76mm(2) in the front and 80mm(2) in the rear
- Vanguard explodes off the charts in performance!
- Offers increased overall speed and decreased stopping distance
- The perfect balance in wheel sizes - Maximizes results while still maintain a low, powerful center of gravity
- 6000 grade aluminum
- Square Flush 2-Piece Silver 6mm Axles
- Wheels: Bauer XR3 76A indoor wheels
- Abec 7 608 bearings
- Weight of One Size 9D skate: 1204 grams
Comments: I bought a new pair of these locally. The front wheel on each skate developed severe cracks in the first 15 minutes of use -I weigh 165 pounds. I'd rather these skates come with no wheels.
From: Justin, CA
Comments: I started with an entry level pair of Bauers ("RX500") and beat them to hell, enjoying them the whole time. Just upgraded to the XR3 and the difference is like Night and Day. I turn tighter, stop better, and accelerate faster. I will not review wheels and bearings in a skate review, just know you're going to replace them. The 1 piece from is a must if you're serious, and the price is right. My feet and game are very happy
Comments: Nice pair of skates still breaking them in now. Recommend baking them they have an IW instructional video on YouTube. The control that you have with these Bauer skates is far superior to any skate that I have had in the past (Rollerblade and Mission). Recommend upgrading wheels and bearings. The "one piece" detonator frame makes the skate solid! So far the skating on these babies is really smooth and the XR3's make you skate with more control. I especially like the thought they put into making this skate where the side scrape guards extend far enough back so that they will not wear a hole in the skate sides so quickly, especially if you skate with a full-tilt like I do at times! These skates are worth the $179, which is the lowest you can go to get that nice 1 piece wheel frame!
Comments: Got these skates a week ago and used them in a couple of games since. They are a comfortable and supportive skate. Nothing to flashy or crazy about them, they seem pretty basic. The only complaint i have is the wheels and bearings. I switched them out with some labedas and swiss bearings and it made the skate much better. Can't go wrong for the price. All around good skate
Other Items to Consider
Bauer Roller Hockey Skates Senior
The Bauer Vapor APX2R Roller Hockey Skates are one of the greatest roller hockey skates the market has seen to date. The Vapor APX2R features the exclusive 3D Lasted Curv® Composite Uppers, Injected Stability Lacing System, Hi-Lo™ Aluminized Kryptonium chassis and Revision Variant Plus 74A wheels.
The Bauer Vapor X90R Roller Hockey Skates are perfect for the advanced level player who's looking for an affordable advanced level skate. The X90R features a full fiber composite outsole and an Ultra-Lightweight Tech-Mesh quarter package to provide an elite-level of stiffness and responsiveness.
The Bauer Vapor X70R Roller Hockey Skates offer a great balance of value and performance. The X70R skate showcases Hi-Lo™ Clinger XXX Grip wheels that provide excellent grip while the Abec 9 bearings help to maximize speed. The moisture wicking Microfiber Liner helps to keep your feet dry during the game and decrease drying time at home.
The Bauer Vapor X60R Roller Hockey Skate features the Vanguard™ Accelerator frame, which is the first one-piece chassis to be used in the Vapor Line. The Accelerator holds Hi-Lo™ HL1 76A Indoor Wheels with Abec 7 bearings, providing players with great grip and speed on indoor surfaces. The Sublimated Tech Nylon quarter package offers a solid jump in stiffness and responsiveness for intermediate level players.
The Bauer Vapor X50R Roller Hockey Skate offers good performance and versatility. The X50R features the Hi-Lo™ Vanguard™ Violater Frame that holds Hi-Lo™ Multi-Surface wheels, allowing them to take advantage of indoor and outdoor surfaces. The Two-Piece White Felt Tongue provides a comfortable feel as well as good protection for the top of the foot.
The Bauer Vapor X40R Roller Hockey Skate is the entry level model in the Bauer Vapor Line. This X40R showcases the signature Vapor X-Rib design that provides stability and support for the entire boot. The Hi-Lo™ frame utilizes Hi-Lo™ 82A outdoor wheels so that these skates can be used on just about any surface.