Lowest Price Guarantee
The Bauer Vapor APX Ovechkin stick has the same great features as the standard Vapor APX stick but with the distinctive Ovechkin curve. The APX stick has taken the Vapor stick line to a whole new level of performance with improved durability and puck feel.
The APX stick has picked up where the X60 left off and moved it into a whole new stratosphere of performance. The APX stick shares several features with the X60 stick such as: the high-grade TeXtreme carbon fiber, monocomp design (true one-piece construction), Intelli-sense shot technology (dual flex profile), Micro Feel II shaft dimensions (slightly smaller and rounded shaft dimensions).
One of the most significant new features to the APX stick is the new blade core. Bauer is using a patented dual density blade core for the ultimate combination of balance, feel, power, and performance. On the lower portion of the blade that has most of the contact with the puck Bauer has used an aramid reinforced epoxy core for an excellent puck feel. This material is similar to the power core 3 material that was used on the TotalOne stick. On the upper half of the blade Bauer has used the Aero Foam II which was featured on the X60 stick. The Aero Foam II helps decrease the overall weight as well as increases torsional stiffness to prevent blade deflection.
Bauer has also introduced a new resin they are using in the APX stick. This new resin has a lighter overall weight as well as offers superior durability to help lengthen the lifespan of the stick.
- Heritage: New
- Level of Player: Ideal for the advance to pro level player
- Construction: True one-piece
- Shaft Dimensions: Rounded corners/Double concavity
- Flex Point: Low kick
- Weight: 417 grams (based on P08 curve, 87 flex)
- Lightweight TeXtreme® construction
- Monocomp technology to eliminate the connection point between blade and shaft offer unbelievable balance and responsive feel
- True one-piece design
- Allows the stick to react instantly
- More consistent flex profile because there are no overlaps in the design
- The player can transfer more energy with a faster release
- Saves weight
- Better balanced feel
- Vapor premier dual taper - Features a secondary taper along the top/bottom surface decreasing torsional deflection for increased puck control and shot accuracy
- Intelli-Sense shot technology through advanced engineering the flex profile of the shaft can now sense the type of shot based on the positioning of the player's hands. This results in maximized loading for optimal performance on wrist or slap shots.
- Micro feel II shaft - Rounded corners and double concave shaft walls allow the stick to fit comfortably in your hands, resulting in easier puck handling and superior control
- Grip: Smooth matted finish
- Pure Shot Blade Profile
- The optimized blade profile increase the connection point between the blade hosel transition of the stick' reducing the amount of blade deflection or twisting
- Improved blade control from improved shot accuracy
- Patented dual density blade core is the ultimate combination of balance, feel, power, and performance.
- Lower half features an aramid reinforced epoxy core for unmatched feel for the puck on pass reception and while stick handling
- Upper half features Aero Foam II core material that provides torsional stiffness to prevent blade deflection when shooting and decreases weight
- P08 - Ovechkin legal curve
- curve - mid toe 1/2
- face - very open
- toe - round
- length - long
- lie - 5
- Pure Shot Blade Profile
- Flex: 77, 87, 95, 102 and 112
- Length: 60"