Lowest Price Guarantee
The Bauer Vapor APX hockey is the premier stick in the Bauer Vapor stick line. Bauer has taken the foundation of the X60 hockey stick and combined it with the exceptional puck feel of the TotalOne hockey stick; creating their most technical advanced hockey stick to date.
The APX stick has picked up where the X60 left off and moved it into a whole new stratosphere of performance. The APX stick shares several features with the X60 stick such as: the high-grade TeXtreme carbon fiber, monocomp design (true one-piece construction), Intelli-sense shot technology (dual flex profile), Micro Feel II shaft dimensions (slightly smaller and rounded shaft dimensions).
One of the most significant new features to the APX stick is the new blade core. Bauer is using a patented dual density blade core for the ultimate combination of balance, feel, power, and performance. On the lower portion of the blade that has most of the contact with the puck Bauer has used an aramid reinforced epoxy core for an excellent puck feel. This material is similar to the power core 3 material that was used on the TotalOne stick. On the upper half of the blade Bauer has used the Aero Foam II which was featured on the X60 stick. The Aero Foam II helps decrease the overall weight as well as increases torsional stiffness to prevent blade deflection.
Bauer has also introduced a new resin they are using in the APX stick. This new resin has a lighter overall weight as well as offers superior durability to help lengthen the lifespan of the stick.
- Model Year: 2011
- Heritage: New for 2011
- Level of Player: Ideal for the advance to pro level player
- Construction: True one-piece
- Shaft Dimensions: Rounded corners/Double concavity
- Flex Point: Low kick
- Lightweight TeXtreme® construction
- Monocomp technology to eliminate the connection point between blade and shaft offer unbelievable balance and responsive feel
- True one-piece design
- Allows the stick to react instantly
- More consistent flex profile because there are no overlaps in the design
- The player can transfer more energy with a faster release
- Saves weight
- Better balanced feel
- Flex Profile:
- Vapor premier dual taper - Features a secondary taper along the top/bottom surface decreasing torsional deflection for increased puck control and shot accuracy
- Intelli-Sense shot technology through advanced engineering the flex profile of the shaft can now sense the type of shot based on the positioning of the player's hands. This results in maximized loading for optimal performance on wrist or slap shots.
- Micro feel II shaft - Rounded corners and double concave shaft walls allow the stick to fit comfortably in your hands, resulting in easier puck handling and superior control
- Grip: Smooth matted stick finish
- Pure Shot Blade Profile
- The optimized blade profile increase the connection point between the blade hosel transition of the stick' reducing the amount of blade deflection or twisting
- Improved blade control from improved shot accuracy
- Patented dual density blade core is the ultimate combination of balance, feel, power, and performance.
- Lower half features an aramid reinforced epoxy core for unmatched feel for the puck on pass reception and while stick handling
- Upper half features Aero Foam II core material that provides torsional stiffness to prevent blade deflection when shooting and decreases weight
- Pure Shot Blade Profile
- Flex: 67
- Length: 57"
Other Items to Consider
Bauer Vapor Sticks
Lowkick for Quick Shot
The Bauer Vapor APX hockey is the premier stick in the Bauer Vapor stick line. Bauer has taken the foundation of the X60 hockey stick and combined it with the exceptional puck feel of the TotalOne hockey stick; creating their most technical advanced hockey stick to date. The Intermediate stick length is 57" available in 60 and 67 flex with Griptac stick coating.
The Bauer Vapor APX LE Hockey Sticks offer the same great features as the other versions of the APX stick but with the sweet matted finish and the black, grey, and red graphics. The APX sticks have an excellent all around feel great for stick handling. The Intermediate stick length is 57" available in 60 and 67 flex with Griptac stick coating.
The Bauer Vapor X7.0 hockey sticks offer essentially the same top of the line performance as the former X60 stick. The only difference between the X60 stick and Bauer X7.0 stick is the type of carbon. The X7.0 is made with 3K carbon which is a more traditional high-end carbon fiber. The Bauer X 7.0 stick features the same shaft dimensions, and Monocomp true one-piece construction as the Bauer APX stick. The Intermediate length is 57" available in 67 flex with grip coating.
The Bauer Vapor X6.0 hockey sticks offer high-end performance at a reasonable price. The main difference between the X6.0 and X7.0 stick is construction process. The X6.0 stick is the most advance stick from Bauer in the Vapor line that features a fused one-piece construction. This contruction process gives the X6.0 stick a slightly more dampened forgiving feel that is not quite as lively as the X7.0 stick. The Intermediate length is 57" available in 67 flex with grip coating.
The Bauer Vapor X4.0 hockey sticks offer a great value and is where you start to see the jump to high-end performance in the Bauer Vapor stick line. The X 4.0 sticks are the most affordable sticks in the Bauer Vapor line featuring the intelli-sense shot technology, aero foam II blade core, and Pure shot blade profile. The Intermediate length is 57" available in 67 flex with grip coating.
The Bauer Vapor X3.0 hockey sticks are great value priced sticks. The X3.0 stick offers a low kick flex profile that offers a quick shot release. The PU blade core offers a solid feel and good durability. The Intermediate length is 57" available in 67 flex with grip coating.
The Bauer X2.0 Hockey Stick is the most affordable one piece stick in the Bauer Vapor stick line. The X2.0 stick offers a fused one piece construction with a composite construction of fiber glass and some carbon offering a solid feel and good durability. The Intermediate length is 57" available in 67 flex with grip coating.