|Bauer Vapor APXR Roller Hockey Skates Sr||
The Bauer Vapor APXR Skates are a culmination of material and technological advancements, resulting in the the lightest Bauer Roller Skate ever. The APXR showcases the same ALIVE and X-Rib boot construction as the APX ice skate. With a magnesium frame and Labeda Addiction wheels slapped to the bottom you have most advanced, performance driven inline skate from Bauer yet.
The Bauer ALIVE composite upper in the Bauer APXR skate provides a rigid, anatomical fit, with minimal material to reduce weight. The NEW X-rib design provides structural support and stability throughout the boot, allowing for faster acceleration and quicker turns. The angle of the boot is cut aggressive to allow great forward flex. .
Bauer has also introduced the new Hydra-Max 2 liner which is one part moisture wicking, one part abrasion-resistant with integrated comfort wrap. Together it adds up to a superior liner that keeps the feet dry and cool while locking the heel in tight. The durable CLARINO® top layer minimizes wear and tear around the top of the ankle. Featuring a NEW integrated comfort wrap designed to alleviate abrasion high on the ankle during the break-in process and added comfort throughout the life of the skate.
The Form-Fit 2 tongue is a molded 2 pice felt for a comfortable close fit. The HD metatarsal guard offers excellent protection against slashes and shots. By raising the metatarsal guard, it allows the laces of the skate to slide up and down the tongue easier, thus enhancing comfort and reducing break-down.
The APXR rolls on Bauer's lightest Magnesium Alloy chassis, XXX Labeda Addiction wheels, and Swiss LE bearings. The advanced Addiction wheel provides maximum grip, speed, and durability for indoor surfaces. Even the footbed has been upgraded on APXR skate! Bauer has introduced the Form-Fit+ footbed with ERGOTOE protection. The ERGOTOE is customizable and offers increased forefoot and toe comfort.
- Model Year: 2011
- Model Number: 1038043
- Heritage: New for 2011
- Level of Player: Ideal for the advance to pro level player
- Fit Guidelines: General fit aspects of the Vapor boot are low-medium volume, medium ankle area, medium across top of foot and forefoot and medium toe box.
- Sizing Guidelines: Bauer skates generally fit 1 1/2 sizes down from your regular shoe size
- Quarter Package: 3D lasted Anaformable Bauer ALIVE composite upper with X-rib pattern
- ALIVE construction offers for amore anatomical fit with less material
- Thermoformable - Material will mold to the players foot for a 360° custom fit
- The new X-rib design (seen from looking at the back of the boot) offers maximum structural support throughout the entire boot for quicker acceleration and tighter turns. The aggressive pitched boot design allows for optimum forward flex.
- Hydra Max 2 liner wit TOTAL EDGE comfort
- 1 part moisture wicking/1 part abrasion resistant
- Heel Support:
- Exterior 3D injected heel cup
- Ankle Padding:
- Lightweight Anaform Fit foam ankle pads
- Tongue Construction: FORM-FIT 2 molded felt tongue
- HD metatarsal guard
- Integrated abrasion resistant lace bite channel
- FORM-FIT+ with ERGOTOE protection and grip,
- NEW integrated and customizable toe protection
- Moisture management and heel stabilizer
- Aluminized glass composite
- Frame: Hi-Lo™ Vanguard™ frame: Magnesium
- The Vanguard™ frame uses 76mm(2) in the front and 80mm(2) in the rear
- Vanguard explodes off the charts in performance!
- Offers increased overall speed and decreased stopping distance
- The perfect balance in wheel sizes - Maximizes results while still maintain a low, powerful center of gravity
- Magnesium alloy- exceptionally light
- Square Flush 2-Piece Silver 6mm Axles
- Wheels: Labeda Addiction XXX Grip (like 74A)
- Maximum grip, speed, and durability for indoor surfaces
- New concept in wheel construction. Outer urethane rating around 83A but still offers the grip of traditional wheels.
- Swiss LE 608 bearings
- Weight of One Size 9D skate: 1182 grams
Comments: Comments:not really feedback on the skate just wanted to mention that saying labeda addiction wheels "slapped" to bottom isn't really good word choice for a high tech top end skate. Just sayin!
Comments: I've been through a lot of skates, and this is by far the best I've used. These skates are very stiff and haven't broken down at all after many games. (They don't seem like they ever will) They are very light. I've compared them to other high end skates and they were the lightest out of all of them. There isn't as much padding inside the skate compared to other skates I've used, but they feel great after i got used to it. I use these skates playing at an indoor sport court rink the wheels are great on that surface. They are definitly made for an advanced/ pro level player.
Comments: Ridiculously light weight and incredibly stiff. The build quality of these is really amazing and they are unlike any other skate. Unfortunately, these didn't quite fit my foot. The volume appears to be slightly less than Bauer's XR Premier skate and they feel a little wider than the XR Premier as well.
From: Ben, San Francisco, CA
Comments: These Bauer Vapor APXR skates are absolutely incredible these skates are light weight and durable I really like the skates Bauer has always made the top end equipment I would never use anything else accept Bauer I strongly recommend these skates to everyone.
From: Josh, NJ
Comments: Most durable and lightest inline skates ever made. Not paid to give a review just trying to help those who are tired of having skates fold or have a crease form in the hinge area of the boot. You know what I am talking about if you play competitive inline hockey. All other inline skates form this annoying crease over time and affect skating performance. Only skates ever purchased that have lasted more than one season of truly competitive inline hockey. The skate chassis has blocked tons of shots as I play defense. No dents have occurred from being hit with unbelievable cannons. Expensive, but worth the money. To step down one level in the line of skates is not an option as too much of a material downgrade would be in effect. Fastest I have ever been able to skate was while using this pair of skates. Unmatched quality at this point in time.
Comments: These Bauer Vapor APXR skates are absolutely incredible these skates are light weight and durable I really like the skates Bauer has always made the top end equipment I would never use anything else accept Bauer I strongly recommend these skates to everyone
From: Josh, Franklinville, NJ, United States
Other Items to Consider
Bauer Roller Hockey Skates Senior
The Bauer Vapor XR Premier Roller Hockey Skates are an advanced pair of skates that features technologies from both the APXR and XR5 skates. Like the XR5, the XR Premier features an ultra-light tech mesh quarter package with the molded X-Rib design providing lightweight enhanced structural support, while rolling on the Hi-Lo™ Vanguard™ Magnesium frames like the APXR.
The Bauer Vapor APXR Skates are a culmination of material and technological advancements, resulting in the lightest Bauer Roller Skate ever. The APXR showcases the same ALIVE and X-Rib boot construction as the APX ice skate. With a magnesium frame and Labeda Addiction wheels slapped to the bottom you have most advanced, performance driven inline skate from Bauer yet.
The Bauer Vapor XR5 offers top level features without the top end price tag. The quarter is an ultra-light tech mesh for durability and response. The outsole is a light and rigid fiber composite, making every stride quicker. An elite felt tongue and quick-dry hydrophobic grip liner keep you foot comfortable during play. The XR5 showcases Dynasty 3 wheels and Swiss LE bearings for pro-level speed.
The Bauer Vapor XR4 Skates offer some higher end features at a mid level price point. The XR 4 comes with indoor Labeda wheels and faster ABEC 9 bearings compared to the XR3. The quarter package used is a durable sublimated woven nylon. Bauer utilized a Hydrophobic microfiber liner and a 2-piece felt tongure to comfortably lock the foot in place.
The Bauer Vapor XR3 is a jump from the XR2, and showcases a Vanguard™ Detonator frame. The XR3 is the first skate in the Bauer line to offer a 1 piece frame. This provides the player with increased responsiveness. The XR3 comes complete with 76A indoor wheels and ABEC 7 bearings. A perfect skate for the intermediate roller player.
The Bauer Vapor XR2 is a solid price point model with a multi surface wheel setup. The XR2 utilizes the same outsole and frame as the XR1, but offers a 78A XR2 wheel and Abec 7 bearing. The footbed on the XR2 is a molded comfort EVA for some additional stability. The tongue featured on the XR2 is a 2-piece felt that comfortably wraps around the leg.
The Bauer Vapor XR1 is the entry model in Bauer's roller line for 2011-12. At this low price point the XR1 still provides a great value for the casual/entry player. The XR1 features sublimated woven mesh construction with an improved X-Rib design. Bauer has used the Vanguard™ Hi-Lo frame setup to offer an excellent combination of speed and control. The XR1 skates include the Bauer XR1 82A outdoor wheels.