Lowest Price Guarantee
The Alkali RPD Max Roller Hockey Skates are the premier model in the RPD Skate Line. This RPD Max features the magnesium Labeda Movement chassis with premier Labeda Addiction (XXX Grip) Wheels for superior speed and grip. Alkali had the chassis specifically made for these boots to provide an aggressive turning radius with excellent power transfer through each stride.
When looking directly at the full carbon composite outsole, there is a low-profile cutout that allows the second wheel from the toe to recess into. This was a collaboration design between Alkali and Labeda to give the RPD Max a lower center of gravity, a tighter turning radius, a better overall balanced feel and a more efficient power transfer during the striding process. To provide the high class speed and grip that advanced players are looking for, the Labeda Addiction (XXX Grip) Wheels with Swiss Lite 608 Bearings were used.
The Hyper Light Quarter Package is made of a high quality EPP Foam that is very lightweight and has been widened in the forefoot by 2 mm. The Pro 9 mm White Felt Tongue is perforated for good airflow while the high-density lace bite guard protects the top of the foot. The liner is a soft hydrophobic material with anti-slip properties so that a player’s foot stays dry and does not slide internally.
- Heritage: CA9 RPD
- Level of Play: Elite
- Fit Guidelines: General fit aspects of the Alkali boot are med-high volume, narrow-med heel pocket, medium-wide across top of foot and forefoot and toe box. Aggressive stance.
- Sizing Guidelines:
- For players with a shoe size 9.5 or smaller, select a full skate size (1.0) down from your shoe size
- For players with a shoe size 10 or larger, select a half skate size (1/2) down from your shoe size
- Quarter Package:
- Hyper Light Quarter Construction
- Excellent heat moldability after being baked for a true personalized fit
- EPP Molded Quarter Package
- Provides proper stiffness and support for explosive power
- Reduced Toe Spring
- Decreases the angle of the boot from the balls of the feet to the toes
- Allows players to get over the front of the skate and power through strides
- Ankle Foams and Heel Support:
- HyperLock L Pads
- Memory foam ankle pads strategically lock heel for maximum power transfer
- Flexible Tendon Guard
- Allows players to achieve a full extension
- Antibacterial Anti-slip Hydrophobic Liner
- Excellent moisture wicking properties to keep your feet dry
- Soft to the touch and durable
- Helps to kill bacteria and prevent odor
- Comfort Edge Ankle Padding
- Tongue Construction:
- Three-Piece 9mm Pro White Felt Tongue
- Fully ventilated for airflow
- Backed by moldable high-density foam for lace-bite protection
- Comes with an extra set of yellow laces
- Carbon Fiber Outsole
- Provides a professional level of stiffness and responsiveness
- Built-in low profile wheel channels designed for the Movement Chassis
- Labeda Movement Magnesium Chassis
- Best chassis material on the market due to its minimal weight and incredible strength
- Recessed second wheel gives the player a more aggressive skating stance and a lower center of gravity
- Greatly improves balance, has a more aggressive turning radius and allows players to get more out of each stride
- Sizes 6.0 - 6.5 = all 76mm wheels
- Sizes 7.0 - 13 = all 80mm wheels
- Alkali Square Flush Two-Piece 6mm Axles
- Labeda Addiction XXX Grip (like 74A)
- Maximum grip, speed, and durability for indoor surfaces
- New concept in wheel construction. Outer urethane rating around 83A but still offers the grip of traditional wheels.
- Swiss Elite 608 sized bearings
- Weight of a Size 9D skate: 1,370 grams
Comments: I ordered a pair during cyber week and unfortunately they were too small to try out. I opted to send them back and not exchange them. I wear an 8 in Bauer and my big toes hit hard enough on the outside and end to make me think I'd have to go to a size 9 in Alkali. I also was a little suprised at how soft (not stiff) the uppers were. Generally speaking, the quality of a skate is indicated by how much it resists squeezing in with your hand at the top of the laces. Alkali's aren't stiff. From the reviews, people love 'em, but they do seem to be a different breed of skate.
From: Dave, Colorado Springs, CO
Comments: great skate..even better than the RPD MAX With regatds to the sizing --this model is consistant with the previous model line . Size 13 US shoe = size11.5 skate. Great fit ,wider toe box aggresive stance, comfy heat moldable lace bite insert, and top quality Components = great value excellent skates from ALKALI
From: Dave, Gulf Breeze, FL
Comments: Another great skate from Alkali. Always skated on Mission skates but the last set before these I tried the RPD CA9's from alkali--what a great pair of skates! With that said the RPD Max skates are even better. With a more aggressive stance, more comfy lace bite protecter, a little wider toe box, and quality components throughout, this is an excellent skate. Bomb proof construction and durability protect the feet from slap shots and slashes reminds me of some of Mission's earliest work like the1998 Proto VSi's. Thanks Akali.
From: Dave, GulfBreeze, FL
Comments: Best Skate I've ever owned. Didn't need to bake. After 1.5 hours practice, 1.5 hours playing I experienced a little bit of toe rub on the right, nothing too painful. Second session a dream. NOOOO BAKING!.
I have a pair of Seba Highs for freestyle, hockey boys, try a break in with these & you'll no what pain is!. The Alkali's are so good I'm retiring my Seba's & using my hockey skates for freestyle & street, Labeda RPG' s are great slalom wheels for indoor slalom, for street hockey I've just ordered Labeda asphalt's & swiss lite's
RPG Wheels grip like poo to the proverbial blanket, hardly any ware on the inside rear right wheel, & we play on a wooden gym floor, this is the wheel that normally has visible ware by now.
Great tight turning radius, great grip & boy are they fast & smooth & that's on the ABEC9, can't wait to get the swiss lite's in.
GREAT JOB ALKALI!! ;-)
From: Martin, Jersey, UK
Comments: Awesome complete package skate! Molds great, very sturdy and performance on every level is top notch. Explosive stance, amazing agility and great looks to top it off. You wont need another skate. Outstanding delivery from Alkali!
From: Tony, Tucson, AZ
Other Items to Consider
Alkali Roller Hockey Skates Senior
The Alkali RPD Max + Roller Hockey Skates are the premier model in the Alkali RPD + Line. They feature Alkali's new Purlyn boot construction, the only magnesium straight frame set up on the market and premium Labeda Addiction wheels. The combination of these elements make for an elite level skate that is bursting at the seams with agility, power and turning aggressiveness.
The Alkali RPD Shift + Roller Hockey Skates feature Alkali's new top of the line boot with it's Purlyn quarter package construction. This new material is an all-in-one package; it's very lightweight and fully heatmoldable, it offers a ton of stiffness for skating power it is more impact resistant than ever before.
The Alkali RPD Team + Roller Hockey Skates offer a big jump in performance, featuring a full composite outsole and Alkali's new Activ Wick liner. Below the boot has also been significantly upgraded, utilizing a full one-piece Aluminum CNC Movement Chassis and Labeda Millenium wheels.
The Alkali RPD Comp + Roller Hockey Skates are ideal for the intermediate level player who's looking for high performance without the big price tag. The RPD + Comp Skates feature an injected TPR outsole connected to a full one-piece extruded aluminum Movement chassis for an efficient energy transfer process.
The Alkali RPD Crew + Roller Hockey Skates pack a ton of value for the price. The nylon quarter package offers plenty support for the beginner or recreational player, plus it's fully heatmoldable for a truly customized fit. Alkali designed the quarter to put players in a natural hockey stance by reducing toe spring and giving the boot an aggressive yet still comfortable forward pitch.
The Alkali RPD Lite + Roller Hockey Skates are the entry-level model in the next generation Alkali RPD + Skate Line. The Lite + Skate features a fully heatmoldable nylon quarter package that is very hard to beat at this price point. The tongue construction offers a ton of value since it is a thick, 7mm two-piece white felt with full ventilation. The new Tac-Lite Liner helps to wick away moisture and extend the longevity of the skate.
The Alkali RPD Team Roller Hockey Skates are a great choice for the player looking for a high performance skate without breaking the bank. The RPD Team Skate features a full composite glass outsole and a CNC Extruded Labeda Movement chassis for excellent responsiveness and aggressiveness.
Sizes Available: 6.5
The Alkali RPD Comp Roller Hockey Skates are an excellent middle of the pack skate with a gentle price tag. The RPD Crew Skate features a stiffer AEPE Molded Quarter Package, a one-piece Labeda Movement Chassis and the new Labeda RPG Gripper Wheels.
Sizes Available: 12.0